About Hotel Lapad / the history of Hotel Lapad
The four star Hotel Lapad is definitely one of the symbols of Dubrovnik, not just as a prestigious and valuable tourist destination, but also due to the fact that the hotel is one of the oldest hotels in the city. With its long and rich history the Hotel Lapad has managed to keep and preserve tradition memories of an ancient time, of another Dubrovnik.
Construction of the hotel began in 1912 and it was officially opened in 1914. The Victorian facade of the hotel has always been its distinctive symbol. Hotel Lapad is one of the few hotels that has preserved its original appearance and has been perfectly and extensively adapted with all of the advantages of contemporary times. In its two wings, superior and classic, there are 157 rooms and 6 suites. All our rooms are furnished and equipped to the highest standards required by a modern four star hotel. Today's superior wing is a century-old building that has, since the opening day until now, only been used as a hotel.
In 1986 the hotel increased its capacity and the classic wing was constructed with 6 floors in a cascading style. With then 193 rooms it was among the largest hotels in the city. During the Homeland War, the hotel housed refugees from Dubrovnik and the surrounding region. The first guest after the war arrived in 1993. In the next few years, after the war, Croatian tourism started to rise slowly from the ashes and Hotel Lapad, year after year, received more satisfied guests.
In 2007 the time had come for Hotel Lapad to rise to an even higher level and restoration started which when completed meant that the hotel had a new four star modern expression.
From season to season, this hotel recorded excellent tourist results, which led to numerous awards in recent years based on the opinions and experiences of guests. Many of our visitors come back again and again, thus proving that commitment, passion for work, professionalism and teamwork in Hotel Lapad are a great combination for excellent service.